Do you know that if you are working, your longest awake hours are spent at work?
Do you know that you spend almost 12 hours everyday at work or work-related activities? That’s half the day one and it happens 5 times a week!
Yes, from the moment the alarm rings in the morning to the time you walk in after work, it’s all about work – preparing for work, travelling to work, having lunch with your colleagues, then getting into the mad frenzy to get back home in time for dinner! Yes its all a good 12 hours.
You’re NOT spending your longest awake hours with the love of your life.
You’re NOT spending your longest awake hours with the family you are blessed with.
You’re NOT spending your longest awake hours with the kids that are adorable but sometimes (okay almost all the times) drive you up the wall.
You’re NOT spending your longest awake hours in that beautiful home that you spend so much time and money getting to the perfect style of your dream.
I made that decision early this year. It was an important decision. I decided that my awake hours CANNOT be spent on work and work-related activities.
This is my typical work-day:
- I usually wake-up by 7 a.m.
- My husband and I usually spend the next hour at the breakfast table – reading the papers, having our breakfast and usually debating on something we disagreed on in the news (we seldom agree on anything….LOL)
- I usually get to the computer by 9 a.m. and then I spend the next few hours doing my research, writing or conducting coaching sessions online.
- Twice a week, I’ll do some real sweaty workout while watching episodes of Dr Oz.
- Sometimes in the afternoon I mark assignments. Otherwise its more research, writing or coaching.
- Most of the evenings I’ll be out teaching.
- On the evenings I’m home, it’s catching up with my husband or watching some TV.
- Oh yes, there’s always the visit to Mum’s and the little grandnephew or taking them out!
- Oh yes, did I mention the home-cooked meals…? I LOVE that I finally have the time to cook at home!
How did I do it? I made a CHOICE to change the way I work. I moved much of my coaching business online. I worked nights, I worked weekends if I have to – so that I could SIMPLY LIVE my way.